Join me for a cosy & exciting hands-on workshop, where you will learn 2 variations of the peony flower - the classic open-faced peony & the mysterious moonstone peony. Peonies are one of the most eternally popular flowers for wedding cakes or celebration cakes, adding an instant wow factor with their large, frilly & flouncy petals & striking centers.
Be introduced to the essential skills, tips & techniques, that will enable you to create the most beautiful & realistic peonies with sugar gum paste. It is my sincerest hope that as you practice these techniques and gain more confidence, you will find your own voice & style.
What You Will Learn in This 2-Day Workshop
1. A basic botanical understanding of peonies, which will help you to make more beautiful & realistic flowers.
2. The tools & materials needed to create the open-faced peony moonstone peony in sugar.
3. An understanding of the methods & techniques to create various elements such as the peony stamens & stigma, petals, calyx & leaves.
4. An understanding of Colour Theory, including how to mix any colour from only 3 primary colours, what are secondary colours, & how to achieve a modern blush toned & neutral colour palette.
5. Proper colour dusting techniques & tips that will allow you to achieve a realistic, alluring & graduated colour effect on your flowers. You will also learn how to steam your flowers to set in the colour.
6. How to assemble your sugar flowers & leaves together in a secure manner.
7. How to cover a cake using the torn fondant method with subtle marbling effect.
8. Principles of cake design & floral arrangement, including how you use inspiration from natural lines & colours to create your own unique cake design.
9. How to store your gum paste flowers so that they can last forever.
All students will get to take home:
1. A printout of the class materials, which includes the list of tools & materials and instructions; and
2. A box & faux 1-tier cake complete with your own peony sugar flower arrangement.
There will be a maximum of 3 participants in this workshop, so each student will receive personalised attention.
Lunches & tea breaks will be served during this 2-day workshop. All tools & materials used will also be provided.
Ultimate Peonies Masterclass (2 Days)
1. All confirmed & paid workshop bookings are non-refundable & non-exchangeable. If you are unable to make it for the class on the scheduled day & time, I will try my best to secure a slot for you in future workshops. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or +65-83228358 if you need to reschedule your class, and I will do my best to assist you.
2. All tools & materials provided are for use during the workshops & masterclasses only.
3. In the event of weather emergencies, illness or any other extenuating circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel the workshop or masterclass. Students will be issued a full refund if their workshop is cancelled.
4. All tools are for in-class usage only.
5. For any changes to your booking, please contact me (email@example.com or +65-83228358) at least 3 business days before the date of your registered workshop, and I will try my best to secure a slot for you in future workshops.