In this intense, productive but extremely enjoyable workshop, be free to focus on improving your skills in the wonderful world of sugar flower artistry.
Learn the following techniques on how to create in sugar:
- The most stunning of all roses, the David Austin rose - where you will learn how to achieve the finest petal texture, various ways to arrange the petals & time-saving tricks in petal production.
- The understated but incredibly elegant gardenia, using the "spiral" method.
- Dainty & movement-filled sugar blossoms using the classical "Mexican hat" method.
It is my sincerest hope that as you practice these techniques and gain more confidence, you will find your own voice & style.
What You Will Learn in This 1.5-Day Workshop
1. A basic botanical understanding of David Austin roses & gardenias, which will help you to make more beautiful & realistic flowers.
2. The tools & materials needed to create the David Austin rose, gardenia & sugar blossoms.
3. An understanding of the methods & techniques to create various elements such as the flower centers, stamens, petals, blossoms, calyx & leaves.
4. A basic understanding of Colour Theory, including how to mix any colour from only 3 primary colours & what are secondary colours.
5. Proper colour dusting techniques & tips that will allow you to achieve a realistic, alluring & graduated colour effect on your flowers. You will also learn how to steam your flowers to set in the colour.
6. How to assemble & arrange your sugar flowers & leaves securely into a beautiful floral bouquet.
7. How to store your gum paste flowers so that they can last forever.
All students will get to take home:
1. A printout of the class materials, which includes the list of tools & materials and instructions; and
2. A small vase or box to take home your own floral sugar bouquet.
There will be a maximum of 3 participants in this workshop, so each student will receive personalised attention.
Lunches & tea breaks will be served during this 1.5-day workshop. All tools & materials used will also be provided.
Sugar Flower Artistry Masterclass (1.5 Days)
1. All confirmed & paid workshop bookings are non-refundable & non-exchangeable. If you are unable to make it for the class on the scheduled day & time, I will try my best to secure a slot for you in future workshops. Please contact me at email@example.com or +65-83228358 if you need to reschedule your class, and I will do my best to assist you.
2. All tools & materials provided are for use during the workshops & masterclasses only.
3. In the event of weather emergencies, illness or any other extenuating circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel the workshop or masterclass. Students will be issued a full refund if their workshop is cancelled.
4. All tools are for in-class usage only.
5. For any changes to your booking, please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org or +65-83228358) at least 3 business days before the date of your registered workshop, and I will try my best to secure a slot for you in future workshops.