In this exciting & delightful hands-on workshop, you will learn a wide range of essential techniques in floral sugar art. Packed with tips & techniques, this workshop aims to provide you with the most important skills you need to create beautifully realistic sugar flowers, which will serve as the foundation for your development as a floral sugar artist.
What you will learn from this 3-day workshop:
- Tools, materials & techniques to create beautiful & realistic sugar flowers & foliage, as well as a basic botanical understanding of these element.
- Different techniques to create sugar elements such as the individual petals, floral center & stamens, flower buds, petals, wired petals, calyx, blueberries & leaves.
A basic understanding of Colour Theory, including how to mix any colour from only 3 primary colours, what are secondary & tertiary colours, & how to achieve a modern blush toned & neutral colour palette.
How to cover a dummy cake using the torn fondant method with subtle marbling.
Proper colour dusting techniques & tips that will allow you to achieve a realistic, alluring & graduated colour effect on your flowers.
Finishing techniques including steaming & flower assembly to give your flowers a more polished look & to provide more flexibility in your cake design & floral arragement.
Principles of cake design & floral arrangement, including how you use inspiration from natural lines & colours to create your own unique cake design.
How to store your sugar flowers so that they can last forever.
It is my sincerest hope that as you practice these techniques and gain more confidence, you will ultimately find your own voice & style.
1. Homemade gum paste demonstration & recipe.
2. Learn the tools & techniques required to create the following sugar flowers / elements:
- Classic rose
3. Learn the tools & techniques required to create the following sugar flowers / elements:
- Japanese anemone
- Leaves & foliage (2-3 different types, depending on time)
4. Colour theory & how to mix colours
5. Cover faux / dummy cake in fondant using torn fondant method & subtle marbling.
6. Colour dusting techniques
7. Cake design, floral assembly & arranging techniques
All students will get to take home:
1. A printout of the class materials, which includes the list of tools & materials and instructions; and
2. A box & faux 1-tier cake complete with your own unique sugar flower design arrangement.
There will be a maximum of 3 participants in this workshop, so each student will receive personalised attention.
Lunches & tea breaks will be served during this 3-day workshop. All tools & materials used will also be provided.
The Essence of Romantic Floral Sugar Art (3 Days)
1. All confirmed & paid workshop bookings are non-refundable & non-exchangeable. If you are unable to make it for the class on the scheduled day & time, I will try my best to secure a slot for you in future workshops. Please contact me at email@example.com or +65-83228358 if you need to reschedule your class, and I will do my best to assist you.
2. All tools & materials provided are for use during the workshops & masterclasses only.
3. In the event of weather emergencies, illness or any other extenuating circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel the workshop or masterclass. Students will be issued a full refund if their workshop is cancelled.
4. All tools are for in-class usage only.
5. For any changes to your booking, please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org or +65-83228358) at least 3 business days before the date of your registered workshop, and I will try my best to secure a slot for you in future workshops.